IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of end of the third quarter of IESs fiscal year (June 30, 2013), IES produced over $370 million in revenue and employed close to 3,000 employees at over 60 locations across the United States.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
· Safety is Priority One and our record shows it
Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
Company Paid Time Off
Company Paid Life Insurance
Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
IES is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This position is located in Cheyenne, WY
Key Requirement: Must be willing to travel!!
The Communications Technician II must possess the ability to perform the technical responsibilities of a Cable Installer and function as a member of a technical team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Install a work area outlet for floor, modular furniture and wall (terminate CAT 3 & CAT 5 jacks. Mount face plates and surface mount boxes correctly. Adhere to IES COMMERCIAL labeling standards);
2. Build closets (Mount and install backboards, cross connects, racks, patch panels, fiber optic and hardware). Install grounding for racks, equipment and cable as required. Complete all IDC connections (e.g. terminate 110/66 blocks and patch panels)
3. Perform testing: continuity test horizontal and riser cable; use of volt-ohmmeter; troubleshoot opens, crosses, shorts and transpose pairs on horizontal and riser cable; use a tone set.
4. Identify an active voice or data circuit.
6. Fully complete all IES COMMERCIAL paperwork accurately and on time (timesheets, material transfers, work orders, change orders, tool transfers and others as required).
7. Adhere to and participate in all Company, customer and industry quality and safety standards and regulations.
8. Other responsibilities as assigned.
Basic Hand Tools: screwdriver (regular and Phillips), drywall saw, torpedo level, tape measure, snips (with belt sheath), pliers (needle nose and channel locks), hammer, cable stripper, flashlight, and gloves.
Trade Tools: Punch tool with 110 block and 66 block blade, tone set, 6/8 position combo crimp tool, and Krone/3M/BIX.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
Must be able to act as the Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s).
Must possess proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
Must be able to work at heights, off of a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
Must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency
Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of experience in telecommunications or related technical field and demonstrate the ability to supervise others.
Fiber experience preferred
Must possess and be able to effectively use the tools listed above.
Must have proven skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
Must possess the knowledge to identify and understand the difference between CAT 3 and CAT 5; Riser; Fiber optic; PVC, riser rated and plenum cable; Plenum and PVC environments.
Must know the universal communications color codes.
Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.